Country – JAPAN
1. Each student will select one country from the list attached to this handout. Students cannot choose the same countries. Countries will be on a first come first serve basis. Students must email the instructor the country they select for approval. Students must email the instructor with their selection in a timely manner. This will ensure that the student gets their first choice. No one can choose the United States for North America.
2. Each student will prepare a powerpoint for the country selected.
a. Each powerpoint will include the geography, government, history, and cultural aspects of the country selected.
i. Geography can include a physical description and climate. It should also include the latitude and longitude location.
ii. Government will explain the type of government used in that country and its successes and failures
iii. History will give a brief over-view of that countries past
iv. Cultural aspects will tell the reader about what makes that country unique. This could include food, sports, entertainment, dress, etc.
b. Each powerpoint must be at least 8 slides but no more than 11.
c. Each powerpoint must include some type of visual (picture, map, etc.) in addition to the written word.
3. The powerpoint must also have a bibliography slide
a. The bibliography must include sources from the internet and the library.
b. You must have at least two sources for the country you select.
c. You may not use general encyclopedias or Wikipedia.
d. You are to use the MLA style to list the bibliography. A copy of it can be found in the writing lab or online. www.hindscc.edu/departments/english_modern_foreign_language
4. Please remember the course policy regarding cheating and plagiarism. If you use someone else’s work, you must give them credit. Any use of plagiarism will result in a zero on the project.
5. Student will submit their powerpoints to the discussion board in Canvas. Each student will be required to view the powerpoints of their classmates. Students should make at least one comment on each classmates powerpoint. The comments you make must be more than one word and be thought provoking comments. One word answers such as cool, awesome, and I like it will not suffice.